(Click on the headers to show more info. Click again to hide.)
Web Hosting and UNIX / Virtualization Services
UNIX / Virtualization administration
Axion Computing has extensive experience with web servers running CentOS/RedHat. Web hosting services can span from
a small business to a large commerce oriented web site. You don't need any experience with this - we can lead you through
from start to finish.
- Hosting a large web site requires the use of advanced web hosting servers and networking equipment. It also
needs to be designed to run the source the developers have used. By using hardware specifically made to run
24/7 and a redundant network design placed in an premier datacenter, site uptime should be > 99.99% (down a few
hours a year).
- Hosting a small web site is surprisingly cheap and well worth the effort. A business web site
adds value to your business by giving you a web presence. The younger generation now fully expects it! Have your
own email address for a more professional look. Customers who see "email@example.com" as your email address
probably don't think you are a full fledged business even if you really are! Your web site would be hosted on our
mantained servers to ensure excellent uptime.
What are some of the services available to large scale customers?
- Business class UNIX servers - Axion Computing only work with the latest and most powerful equipment. These
servers are designed to run in a racked and cooled environment. Expect great performance and added features useful
to web hosting solutions.
- Redundancy - Solutions we configure can be as redundant as you want. Basic things like mirrored drives are
a given. Additional solutions such as redundant switchs, firewalls, NIC teaming, and load balancing are available.
- Premier Data Center - We work with NTTA, one of the largest ISPs in the world
to host your solution. They have world class data centers on both coasts with redundant power, A/C, and networks.
This company has been around for years and has served our needs well.
- Complete web hosting solution - Setting up a web site requires a lot of planning. A single
dedicated server can handle quite a bit of traffic, but sometimes it is not enough. Axion Computing can design a
large scale setup that is expandable. It can offer multiple servers to allow for huge amounts of traffic and even
web development for continued improvement.
- Custom configured software to developers needs - Every developer has their own preferred development software.
Some like to develop in PHP, others PERL; maybe they even would like to use Cold Fusion or ASP. A large scale site will
need a database backend as well. Axion Computing will ensure the solution has all the applications necessary for
the site to run as designed.
- Contract based UNIX and Virtualization administration - We are available on a contract basis to handle any needs that arise.
This section is for companies that use UNIX operating systems to run their business or their business web site(s). Axion
Computing has extensive experience with servers running CentOS / RedHat Enterprise. These services are for businesses with
(leased) dedicated equipment or colocated solutions. Web sites setup on shared or virtual private servers are generally not
designed to handle much traffic and rarely need administration. Here is a list that falls under this category :
- Web hosting administration - Already have web hosting but need experienced UNIX administrators? Many
companies have web sites that were designed and are running, but do not have a dedicated admin to help them
maintain the site, maintain the server, or offer paths of growth. Axion Computing has worked with companies
to secure their servers, upgrade software, install new applications, design backup systems, and help with
complicated migrations to new hardware. Having a technical person on your side can save you money and head aches.
- Virtualization administration - We have extensive knowledge of virtualization using the vSphere 6.5 product line. This includes
basic configurations as small as 3 nodes up to hundreds of ESXi hosts. We have experience with SAN, hyperconverged, and self service
products such as VMware vRealize. Get the most efficient, cost effective, and flexible solution by moving to virtual machines!
- OS security - if you don't keep your OS and your applications up-to-date, it is only a matter of time before you are
compromised. We can say this with almost 100% certainty having seen HUNDREDS of compromised systems. Let us audit
your software/OS to see what you need to do to be secure.
Examples of this service is looking for code that allows spammers to exploit your mail scripts, VBulletin software
that is out-of-date allowing the application to be compromised, or a core application that needs to be updated to
be secure (such as Sendmail, SSH, or the kernel). Application and OS updating is very important if your business
intends to run a well maintained web server.
- Application installation/configuration - there are thousands of applications and scripts available out there. If
there is an application you want installed on your web site, let us handle the pre-requisites and help you configure it.
This could include applications such as mySQL, phpMyAdmin, Cold Fusion, or web log analysis tools. We are able
to handle custom installations as well, such as a specially configured PHP setup or custom Apache modules.
An example of this service would be to install WordPress. This popular Content
Management System (CMS) has many pre-requisites in order to run properly. Some advanced features may not work unless
you properly install PHP and mySQL. Once an experienced admin has installed and configured this application, the customer can
use the web based admin tools.
Most UNIX/Virtualization consultants charge upwards of $200/hr - our competetive rate is
only $100/hr!Monthly and yearly service contracts are available as well.
PC Support Services
Operating System Repair/Optimization
PC Upgrades and Pheripheral Installation
There are a number of common problems people have with their systems. Here is a list that falls under this
- Slowness - over time your computer might start to run slower. There are a number of things that can
cause this including viruses, spyware, too many applications running and what we call "OS degredation".
- Software malfunctions - programs that once ran perfectly either no longer run or run improperly.
- OS failure - this is when the system does not come up at all. There are a number of steps that can be taken
to correct this, however, OS reinstallation is sometimes the only answer.
A warranty from your PC maker is great, but it can sometimes be more trouble than it's worth. Let us come to
you, fix your problem, and ensure you know the right steps so it doesn't happen again.
With new technologies being released, it is important to keep up-to-date to have the best computing experience.
Here is a list that falls under this category :
- There comes a point when you have to either upgrade or replace your old PC. Your machine would have
to be evaluated to see if easy upgrading can be done. With computer prices being so low, it is not always
the cheapest route to upgrade your existing machine over buying a new one.
- Today's hardware is quite powerful and has longer staying power then hardware of the past. Besides doing
upgrades that involve speed, people are adding other accessories to their computers. Popular add-ons include
larger harddrives, a DVD drive, a TV tuner/capture card, a scanner, a web cam, or a better monitor.
Some of these upgrades are not trivial and require opening your PC, while others simply need to be researched
to ensure you are getting the best bang-for-the-buck. Having a tech-savvy company on your side can save you a
lot of money and ensure you get an excellent product.
For most people, software installation is a simple thing, and for the most part, it is. That new printer you
bought comes with a CD - put it in the drive, run the setup and you're done. This category is not really meant
for that as we consider it a much broader piece. Sometimes the question is not even knowing a piece of software
exists that can help you get more out of your PC. Here is a list that falls under this category :
- Projects - click on the link called "Projects" to find out what you can do with your
PC that will make life more enjoyable.
- Alternative software - you may be very used to the software you use to work and entertain yourself, but there
are many alternatives. Tech-savvy people look for these softwares because they may do the job better or in a way
that works better for them. An excellent example is Firefox. This software is an alternative to IE (Internet
Explorer) that has many featueres you only wish IE had!
- Software "cleanliness" - this falls somewhat under OS optimization. When you first turned on your machine, you
may have noticed many different pieces of software running. What do they DO? Do you NEED them? In order to run a PC
that you feel comfortable with, you need to know what's running on it and why. Keep your machine organized and you
will be more pleased using it.
This is a very broad topic, but an important one. Let us help you understand what is running on your PC and configure
it to do interesting, fun, and productive things.
One of the most important things about having a PC these days is being connected. The days of dial-up are numbered and
the idea of being totally connected is now the norm. Here is a list that falls under this category :
- Many people have multiple PCs in there house and want them to be connected. With the advent of the wireless
network, this can now be done without running wires.
- High speed internet - are you still using dial-up? For less then $50 a month, you can start to really
use the internet. There are a number of choices including cable, DSL, sattelite, and FIOS.
- Network security - when you are connected, you become vulnerable to the negative side of the internet. Keeping
your network safe is not difficult if you configure it and your software properly.
- Projects - click on the link called "Projects" to find out what you can do with your
PC that will make life more enjoyable. Having your own network can open up many new uses for your PC(s).
It's OK to not know how to setup a network because we can help you. Once you are configured, we will show you
how easy it is to expand your network when new PCs or peripherals are added.
The going rate for all PC based services is $50/hr.
does not charge extra for hardware and always looks for the best price.
If our services do not satisfy you 100%, you do not pay.
Web site and all contents © Copyright Axion Computing LLC 2017, All rights reserved.